SuperDee's House

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Greetings from PLAYA

Hola! I´ve been on vacation for about 24 hours now and ya know what? It suits me very much! Yes, I´m typing and this keyboard is kinda funny! My espanol is awful but I´m getting along very well... Just spent about 6 hours in the blazing sun on la playa. It was cloudy and muggy when I arrived last night but I stayed optomistic and today was just gorgeous.

I arrived at Hotel La Tortuga yesterday late afternoon and my first impression was that the website was very flattering! But I settled in and in a few hours the charm hit me and i was very happy. My first cocktail was a mojito and it was delicioso! I made a couple of friends from LA - Bobby and Ken. They were waiting for their girlfriend and boyfriend who were getting pedicures. We all hung out for a bit and had some drinks then I had dinner at the italiano restaurant that is attached to the hotel. I had the best pasta arrabiata ever! A few glasses of wine with dinner and a full day of travel did me in for the night and after chatting with my new friends by the pool for a bit, I went to bed.

Slept for about a million hours and got my free awesome breakfast at the same restaurant before hitting the beach. Did i have a crossaint with nutella for breakfast? i sure did! i´m on vacation! it was oh so yummy... When I got to the beach (the hotel has a deal with club Mamita about 10 blocks away on a very lovely stretch of sand) where i traded in my voucher for a chair and umbrella and this is where i was camped out for the entire day. Been totally on my own the whole time and yeah i got a bit lonely until i put on my ipod and it all washed away. i listened to Dennis Cook´s amazing Black Crowes Primer (a mix with about 40 amazing b-sides and otherwise amazing black crowes songs) and it made me think of one of my favorite lines by Penny Lane in Almost Famous: "and if you get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends." Music, as always is a salvation (not that i need a full salvation but you know what i mean) and no matter where i am in the world, i feel close to my loved ones.

so yes, there was this internet place a few steps away from my hotel where i am now headed for some shade and to read my book until i get hungry for dinner. hi andy if you´re still reading! ;) hasta la vista! mucho amore, superdee

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Hola Super Dee! Great to hear from you. Now get off the internet and get back to the beach!

Much love from Jam(home)Base!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home