SuperDee's House

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Deep Thoughts from SF

Maybe it was too soon to come back here. Not too much has changed. It's like seeing an old lover again too soon after you broke up. All those old feelings come back. You look at your lover and see their beauty and wonder, "Did I make the right decision?" Then you get all dizzy and confused and do something silly like jump back in bed together and make everything all convoluted again.

But that's not really what's happening here, I suppose. Sure, it feels great to be back here. Things are comfortable and familiar and my friends here are so loving and wonderful. They miss me and I miss them. I've seen actual old lovers and it's really not that convoluted at all. Part of me feels like I've regained some sight or have returned to my native speaking country. I understand all the street signs, I know where I'm going, I know where things are. The six train lines all converge in the same six central downtown stops. Things are easy. This city fits me like a glove.

But I feel like I have already taken the other colored pill and have seen what life is like outside of the Matrix. NYC is very much the real world compared to this place. It's hard to come back into the bubble once it's burst.

I've been "crazy busy" with friends and work and such and I'll share some multimedia and specifics later... Just needed to get these thoughts outta my brain for now. La di da...

1 Comments:

Blogger aaron and deanna said...

I travel a lot. And I always have an AMAZING time, too. But no matter what I did, where I went or how much fun I'm having, I always am ready to get back to Brooklyn.

Bob Dylan put it best:
"I'm going back to New York City, I do believe I've had enough"

:) can't wait to see you on the boat!!!

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home