SuperDee's House

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Boys Keeping Me Warm Today

I was awoken today to the sound of hail clattering against my bedroom window. All day so far, there has been a mixture of snow and sleet and bleakness coming down from the sky. Shall I hide under the covers and will this February 14th from existence? Or shall I revel in the fact that I've got a fridge full of food, a warm cozy apartment, and countless friends quite literally at my fingertips? I chose the latter and decided to spend my Valentine's with some of the classiest guys I know:

We begin with Astral Weeks from Van Morrison. This is probably one of my top ten albums of all time. I'm not even going to try and put this into words and let the legendary Lester Bangs do it for me. This article really spells it out...

Continuing on, I go spend some time with Neil Young for a while. Harvest seemed like a good place to go today. To give a love, you gotta live a love. / To live a love, you gotta be "part of" / When will I see you again? --- Sigh.

Let's pick it up a little bit... Get some Jersey love. Bruce Springsteen seemed up for the challenge today with Born to Run. Oh to be Wendy and be loved with all the sadness and all the madness in this man's soul! Hey Eddie, can you catch us a ride?

Billy, Billy, don't be jealous! You know you're my guy. Once a Long Island girl, always a Long Island girl... Time to relive my days with The Stranger, another of my top ten of all times. I do know that when the truth is told, I can get what I want or just get old.

Moving along now... Bob Dylan steps up to give me his Desire. You know I love the violin flowing throughout the whole album. Seriously, how many songs on this album just make you want to sing from the mountaintops? Isis, this day is for you. And the last song goes to my sweet niece Sara who is very excited to have a snow day today!

And what would Valentine's Day forevermore be without the darling Etienne de Rocher. He blew my mind last year with his debut studio album. I saw him live last year on good ol' Feb 14th at the intimate Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco. Talk about soul soothing music... You had me at "moonshine."

Ok, enough of this... I'm gonna let The Phish Band (from Vermont) take me the rest of the way home today. Let's see what LivePhish radio's got cookin.

Happy day, everyone. See ya later...

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Stay Warm SuperDee! Rock on!

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home