SuperDee's House

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Beautiful Brooklyn

Today I took a walk to the Brooklyn Museum which is on the opposite end of Prospect Park from my apartment, near the Botanical Gardens. Right now they have a few special exhibits going on including an extensive Egyptian art collection, a graffiti exhibit that was just okay (that stuff just looks more beautiful on the sides of buildings and subways), and a multi-medium exhibit on lower Manhattan marking the five year anniversary of 9-11. There was a great collection of old photos from pre-WTC days, when lower Manhattan was just budding and the idea of world trade (a synonym for world peace according to the masterminds behind the towers) was becoming a reality. Most stunning was the photography by G.N. Miller of the days surrounding the disaster - very very moving portraits and scene shots. Definitely worth checking out.

When I left the museum the sun had come out so I went to meet mister Benor for a stroll down the Brooklyn Heights Promenade and to the Guinness and Oyster festival in DUMBO. Perfect weather, great food, music, drinks, view, and of course company... A perfect day. I took lots of photos because there was just art popping out of every corner in that neighborhood. The day warrants it's own little photo gallery but I'd like to share this one image that struck me:



I spy the Empire State Building quite literally
Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home